What is Final Expense Life Insurance?
Final Expense, Burial, or Funeral Insurance is a life insurance policy designed to pay for end of life expenses, such as Funerals, unpaid debts, doctor/hospital bills, legal fees, financial gifts, etc.
Here are a few key elements of a Final Expense Life Policy:
No Medical Exams!
Benefits will never decrease, and premiums will never increase.
Accumulates a cash value
Coverage for ages 0-89
AFFORDABLE- can fit any budget
Coverage options between $2,500 and $50,000.
This is an important coverage, many unprepared or uninsured leave their families with large financial burdens after death.
Consider - Who will pay for your Final Expenses?
Ask Yourself These Questions:
• Do you have the funds necessary to cover your final expenses?
• Will your family have access to your savings or checking accounts after you die?
• Do they have the funds necessary to cover such costly expenses?
• Do you want to put that burden on your loved ones?
Does the government provide any assistance?
• Social Security pays only $255 as a death benefit and only to qualified dependents.
• Veterans Administration final expense benefit is only $300 and you must qualify.
Not much help is it? The facts are:
• A funeral ranks as one of the most expensive purchases most consumers will ever make.
• Household Social Security income can be cut by as much as 50% after the death of a spouse.
Final Expense Advantages
A Final Expense policy will accumulate cash value that you can borrow against should a need arise. The cash value amount depends on your age, how long you’ve had your policy, and the dollar amount of premiums paid.
The death benefit is coverage that will last a lifetime, as long as the premiums are paid.